Time: 19th November 2018 at 9:00-11:30 am
Location: Taylor Wessing, ul. Mokotowska 1, (Politechnika metro station), Warsaw
Polish companies employ an increasing number of foreign workers. On 1st July 2018 new regulations were introduced simplifying employment of foreigners. The growing appetite of Polish companies for employees from across borders means the need to meet not only legal requirements, but also face cultural differences in the recruitment process and place of work. Taylor Wessing and Mabor invite you to a legal training session combined with a practical workshop on soft skills.
9:00- 9:15 am Registration, Morning coffee.
9:15-10:30 am Part 1 – Legalising employment and stay in Poland
Led by: Krystian Stanasiuk, LL.M., Attorney-at-Law, partner at the law firm Taylor Wessing Warsaw
Legalising employment and stay in Poland:
1. Of citizens of the European Union.
2. Simplifying procedures regarding citizens of some countries (Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Armenia, Georgia, Moldova).
3. Citizens of third countries which are not members of the European Union.
4. Responsibilities of the employer during employment.
5. Employment of workers delegated to work in Poland from other countries.
6. Sanctions for illegal employment of foreigners (offences and crimes).
7. Sources of regulation and further information.
10:30- 11:30 am Part 2 - Cultural aspects in recruitment and onboarding
Led by: Izabela Salicka, MABOR, consultant, mediator in International Mediation Centre, intra-organisational mediator, coach, trainer, moderator, facilitator
1. What is the difference between the recruitment of a Polish national and the recruitment of a foreigner?
2. How do cultural aspects influence the quality of the recruitment process?
3. Knowledge of the culture from which the candidate comes.
4. Asking questions - what to ask, what not to ask?
5. Onboarding - how to introduce a new foreign employee to work in a company in Poland?
During the meeting our experts will be glad to provide the answers to the participants’ questions.
The meeting is aimed at HR managers, lawyers of domestic businesses, board members and owners of companies taking strategic decisions regarding the recruitment and employment of workers.
The meeting is free.
The meeting will be held in Polish, the number of participants is limited.
The event patrons are: British Chamber of Commerce, French-Polish Chamber of Commerce, The Italian Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Poland
Registration: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone no: +48 22 584 97 40